This manual is too difficult for me. CONCERNED
As , this manual is too difficult for me.
2. Susan couldn't get to the date because of the heavy rain. PREVENTED
The heavy rain getting to the date.
3. Yasmin’s uncle said to her that she should stop her children eating junk food. LET
Yasmin’s uncle told her junk food any more.
4. I didn't realise what she would suffer in the first place. DID
Little would suffer in the first place.
5. The pupils are living temporarily in a hotel. BEING
For , the pupils are living in a hotel.
6. It looks as if he's forgotten about the meeting again. TO
He seems about the meeting again.
7. It took Layla five minutes to find her car keys. SPENT
Layla for her car keys.
8. The football club is now being run by an experienced accountant. TAKEN
9. Many people believe that John has the ability to become world judo champion. CAPABLE
Many people believe that Johnthe world championship in judo.
10. Fernanda refused to wear her sister’s old dress. NOT
Fernanda said that her sister’s old dress.
The only way to fitness is through exercise. Spending your life as a
‘couch potato is almost the thing you can do.
I’m not saying that you need to become about
keeping yourself fit and spend long miserable hours
jogging for miles in the rain every day. But it is essential that you do a
minimum of exercise. Have a
with your gym instructor and then exercise
according to his .
John (always travel) a lot. In fact, he (be) only two years old when he first (fly) to the US. His mother (be) Italian and his father (be) American. John (be) born in France, but his parents (meet) in Cologne, Germany after they (live) there for five years. They (meet) one day while John's father (read) a book in the library and his mother (sit down) beside him. Anyway, John (travel) a lot because his parents also (travel) a lot.
As a matter of fact, John (visit) his parents in France at the moment. He (live) in New York now, but (visit) his parents for the past few weeks. He really (enjoy) living in New York, but he also (love) coming to visit his parents at least once a year.
This year he (fly) over 50,000 miles for his job. He (work) for Jackson & Co. for almost two years now. He (be) pretty sure that he (work) for them next year as well. His job (require) a lot of travel. In fact, by the end of this year, he (travel) over 120,000 miles! His next journey (be) to Australia. He really (not like) going to Australia because it is so far. This time he (fly) from Paris after a meeting with the company's French partner. He (fly) for over 18 hours by the time he (arrive)!
John (talk) with his parents earlier this evening when his girlfriend from New York (telephone) to let him know that Jackson & Co. (decide) to merge with a company in Australia. The two companies (negotiate) for the past month, so it really (not be) much of a surprise. Of course, this (mean) that John (have to catch) the next plane back to New York. He (meet) with his boss at this time tomorrow.